Monday, December 05, 2011

This Is Not Romper Room!

My sister and I loved Romper Room when we were kids (1960s!), and we waited eagerly to hear the nice lady "see us" in her magic mirror and say our names.  [I learned years later that my mom wrote in to the TV station regularly to get "Glenn" mentioned, but to no avail!]



You're teaching real people with souls, dear Bible teacher.  There's no "magic mirror" involved, but I daresay your students are hoping for personal interaction.  They want to know that you know they are there, and that they are cared for.  So work at understanding your class members or small group members!  Learn not only their names but their stories. That's teaching the Jesus way -- and part of teaching to change lives.

1 comment:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.