Factoids: YouTube now streams more than 1 billions videos daily. People upload more than 20 hours of new video content every minute.
I encourage you to think about video as a medium to extend and enhance your Bible teaching. It's not a panacea, any more than radio or TV have been. But it's enough a part of the world that most of you reading this are teaching to an audience that is acculturated to video.
- Judiciously incorporate video clips into your teaching/discussion time when it's the most effective way to get information across. Make sure it adds value, and doesn't detract.
- Record your teaching so that others can benefit in different time and space.
- Use video content or introduce or reinforce information between lessons.
- Use video as a reference medium when you're preparing to teach. There is an increasing amount of Bible teaching and commentary and devotions on YouTube.com.
- Live-stream your teaching time to class participants who can't be there in person. See ustream.tv for some ideas.