Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Overcoming Fear

I think Mark Batterson's comments about overcoming nerves:

" First of all, my prayer mantra before I speak is this: Lord, help me help people. I really try to focus on what people need to hear not what I want to say. It takes the focus off of me. ... At times, I don't feel like I'm ready or I'm qualified for the opportunity the Lord presents. It seems bigger than me. And it always is. But here is what the Spirit put in my spirit recently: I am not bigger than this moment but God in me is bigger than this moment. That simple truth has set me free. It puts everything in perspective. My excitement about who God is and what God is doing overwhelms my human nerves and helps me speak with Spirit-filled energy and confidence."

You can also check out my free report on Overcoming Fear. It's been downloaded over 34,000 times now!

No comments: