Thursday, March 16, 2006

Free Online "Catch-all"

I'm running into potentially useful stuff all the time. Some things I like to print off, markup, and file. Other things I don't want to lose, but don't feel like filing as paper. So I email it into a webmail account so I can go back to later on.

One free tool you can use as a digital "catch-all" to save stuff that's potentially useful is a Google email account. Gmail, as it's called, has these virtues:

available from any internet access point
storing information is just emailing to yourself
you can categorize messages with labels if you like
you have the Google search engine to help you find things by keyword -- very powerful
you start with over 2 gigabytes of space
the interface is easy to use, and fast
they don't charge for the account

You can learn more about it at www.gmail.com .

The trick is to get an account. You have to be invited. I would be happy to invite you -- just send an email message with your name to info@teachtochangelives.com and I'll send you an invitation.

No comments: