Friday, March 31, 2006

Battling Discouragement

Bible teaching is hard work, and our crummy enemy seeks to discourage us. Yesterday I received this email message from a teacher:

"Just want to send a note to you, to thank you for your [encouraging email]. I must admit that after I completed teaching Bible Study last night I was a little discouraged. The church which I am a member & Elder of is a Outreach Ministry and some of the members just don't take part in Bible Study. Therefore, I have to take care of all of the following: Prepare the Church, Drive the Van to pick up people that want to come to class. Teach the class, Close the Church, Run the Van Route to take the people back home. Return the Van to the church then head home. So as I was on my way home last night that's when discouragement tried to creep in. But; in my studies I have read where other men of God, have stated that discouragement can try to creep in when you are tired. So I was able to refocus and get back to studying for next weeks class. But your e-mail today really blessed me."

I'm trying to support and encourage Bible teachers wherever and whenever I can. Let me challenge you to do the same. Is there a another teacher you know who could use a thank you, a reminder of God's faithfulness to them, a testimony to how much their ministry means to the Church?

No comments: