- Open up the Internet browser on your Kindle, by going to the Home screen, pressing Menu, choosing Experimental and then choosing Basic Web.
- Enter this URL on your Kindle browser:.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top
- Either browse or search to find a book you like.
- Click on "Mobipocket/Kindle to download it to your device.
- After you accept the download, the book should appear in your Home screen.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Got a Kindle? (Or free Kindle reader on PC?) Great Free Books Available!
Whether you have a physical Kindle device or are using the free Kindle for PC application, there are some terrific Christian books available for free.
Archive.org has 1.8 million books in their library -- and they are now starting to provide books in the .mobi format, which works on the Kindle and some smart phones! You can pick up classics like Calvin's Institutes, John Bunyan's complete works, Thomas Goodwin's complete works, etc -- all free. An excellent starting point is Project Gutenberg.
Here's how to use the Kindle browser to get books:
Also, watch Amazon.com for specials on Christian classics. The ESV Study Bible in only $9.99 in Kindle format, and the complete works of Jonathan Edwards were available for $1.98.