Friday, July 11, 2008

Power of Encouragement

The Lord frequently reminds me of the power of encouragement! I received this delightful letter from one of God's great teaches in Phoenix. Check it out, pray for him, and then ask yourself -- whom can you encourage today?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hello Glenn, I have taught 'teen and/or adult Bible study my entire adult life (I will turn 73 in a few months). Started at 17. God has blessed this calling.
I'm writing this email to thank you for the email I just received with the title line,"I'm just writing to encourage you"
You see, I just walked in the door of my home, from a visit with my doctor. He told me that I have prostrate cancer and wants to do some scans and further testing to know the full extent and possible treatment. I walked in, turned on my computer, opened up my email, ,at the top of the list of un-opened messages was your "Encouragement" letter.
I'm an ol' retired construction worker and am pretty spunky. At one point in my life I had gone over 33 years without missing a days work, for which I give all the glory to He who died for my sins. But I have to tell you, I was more than a little bit "down."
I'm not wanting sympothy, I don't feel a single pain, and look forward to life as usual, totally dependent on HIM. But the word ENCOURAGE simply popped off ofmy screen. And I intend to do just what you recommended. In your words, "Persevere if things are going great. Persevere if things are not "going" at all."
My class of 15 or so adults is presently enjoyingin a study based on James W Garlow's book,"The Covenant." Pray for me as I lead this little group and that lives will be changed as a result of the truths we discover.
In Christ, Wayne Kronz in sunny, hot (113 today), Phoenix, Arizona. P.S. Oh yes. Pray for my situation, also.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments: