Friday, February 23, 2007

Working From a Manuscript

Here's a short interview with David Crabtree about preaching from a manuscript -- many of the same ideas for teaching from the Bible in other situations (sunday school, small groups, Bible studies).

I don't write out the whole lesson, because I use a question-and-dialogue approach for most of the content. But I do script out the opening (the hook!) and the key questions and practice those in advance.

There are certainly those brothers and sisters who say, "The Holy Spirit will work through me, so I don't need to prepare." I presume then, their preparation is primarily in prayer. I advocate bathing your preparation and teaching time in prayer. I would also point out that the Holy Spirit will work in us and through us as we invest in teaching preparation.

No comments: