Friday, September 02, 2005

The Word for teachers

"I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.'
-- Colossians 2:1-4

Note that Paul's purpose is to encourage their hearts and see them experience unity in Christ's love. Then the Colossians could get complete understanding.

He's not teaching to their heads first.

Great Bible teaching is wholistic teaching to hearts, heads, and hands.

No comments: