Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Make Your Teaching Spectacular

I get teased periodically about my delight in using a large vocabulary. So I liked what Bruce Johnson wrote about Shakespeare's writing -- he calls it "spectacular." And then he gives an excellent charge for Great Bible Teachers:

"So my question for you (and for me) is, how can you take what you're currently doing and make it spectacular? How can you turn it from ordinary to extraordinary? It doesn't have to be a book or play that you're working on, it could be a making a meal or designing a room. It could be coaching a sports team or preparing a lesson for a Sunday School class. It could be putting together a party or designing an accounting package. It could be developing a sales team theme for the year or planning a karate tournament. It really doesn't matter what you're doing, it's a mindset that I'm after—a mindset that says, "I don't want to go through life doing ordinary things in ordinary ways, I want to leave whatever I'm doing with a touch of the spectacular." If you'll do that, you'll have a lived a life worth living."

No comments: