Saturday, November 20, 2010

Students Learn What You're Most Passionate About

D. A. Carson has a terrific insight we teachers need to understand:

"If I have learned anything in 35 or 40 years of teaching, it is that students don’t learn everything I teach them. What they learn is what I am excited about, the kinds of things I emphasize again and again and again and again. That had better be the gospel."

Meditation thought: what am I passionate about? What would my students say I'm passionate about?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was on the newspaper when he saw the watch again. How time flies! 50 years had passed since he saw it the last time. He never stopped finding it during the 50 years. He was too old to remember too many things. However, everything about her was still engraved in his mind and never disappeared.[url=http://www.sunglassescool.com/salvatore-ferragamo-sunglasses.html]salvatore ferragamo eyewear[/url]
It values at $235,000. The Italian luxury watch brand Panerai was acquired by Richemont in 1997. Its watches are always in the chic and vogue styles that most Hollywood stars are fond of them. In the 2010 Watch Fair in Geneva, they launched this kind of commemorative watches Galileo above. The dial can display the time of sunrise and sunset time of the city. The limited 30 pieces released were all booked the same day.

david_hatton said...

Hello! another fantastic blog; im a regular follower of your blogs. beautifully written. i agree with your view on studying what your excited about. my dissertation at the moment is of personal interest and it doesnt feel like work studying it.

think you might enjoy my blogs, some articles may interest you, feel free to check them out

http://davidhatton1987.blogspot.com/

in the mean time, keep up the good work,

all the way from england,

David Hatton

Jenn Meyers said...

Just found your blog, and I found it very interesting. Thanks so much for the information, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!