Monday, June 21, 2010

A Deceptively Simple Tip With Spectacular Results

Here's my recommended practice: As you prepare for any teaching, write down what you want your audience to learn and apply. What will be important from this in the days following class time, and in 1 year? Be sure you actually write it down.

Don't fall into the snare that constantly threatens many of us: "Yup, I know that, so I don't need to write it down."

Something about writing it down gives it weight and meaning and power that's completely different than an unwritten thought.

I can't tell you the difference this makes in both your preparation and your delivery. You have to experience it for yourself. Everyone I know who has done this consistently tells me it creates a HUGE difference in the quality and effectiveness of their teaching.

Try it. Let me know what happens.

No comments: