Friday, July 31, 2009

Purses with a Purpose

I wanted to highlight an amazing ministry outreach business by one of my subscribers, Diana Cofield. She runs Purses with a Purpose for the glory of God, and uses it to support missions teams and also provides a lot of loving outreach to cancer patients. (Did I mention she's 76 years old?)

Many, many of our Bible teaching subscribers are actively serving the Lord in creative ways, all around His world.

Below is part of her letter to me, so you have more details and can come alongside those of who are praying for this ministry business.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Dear Glenn.

I have been strongly led of the Lord to embark on a new ministry. I have been compelled by His direction to do the following.

I have a website and I sell handmade totes and bags etc. My grand-daughter asked prior to the website if she could sell some of my bags because everyone like them and were willing to buy them.

I agreed and this helped her to fund her mission Trip to Brazil, her fourth. The website was born.

The local paper did a story about this and a TV segment.

Because of this a lady bought one of my totes. ( many did)

This lady emailed me to thank me and we got to emailing back and forth and she asked me to pray for her nephews daughter who was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. It is a very serious cancer and when they diagnosed Morgan she was at stage 4.

Since I made these totes I asked her if I could make one for Morgan. she said she would be thrilled and her favorite character was Miley Cyrus so I made her a quilted tote and she loved it.

Her sister Ally said she liked a pink camouflage print for hers. I made it for her and she loved hers too.

I prayed Lord what can I do to help these children. At 76 there is something I can do I am still fairly healthy.

I was directed in my spirit to make the pink totes for the families of the children who are such brave warriors. hence the pink camouflage.I make the totes and deliver them to St. Josephs Children's Hospital Oncology Unit in Tampa, Florida.

Today I had the privilege of delivering the very first tote to a patient who was diagnosed July 9th. She is 4 years old and her face is the face of an angel. Her name is Isabella. She is also stage four.

Her grand-mother was with her and she already knew we were coming because the other family who at the moment are at Sloan Kettering in New York told them about me. She told the little girl, "Bella, God sent two Angels to come and see you and they brought gifts". A pink camouflage Aware Bear and the tote.

I have had manufacturer's donate 30 yards of fabric in colorful prints. I bought all the pink camouflage I could find on the internet. some discounted some would not. I have enough to make at least 100 totes and my friend makes the bears.

Please be much in prayer for this. When I deliver the totes I make it a point to say this Tote has been stitched with much love and every stitch is a prayer for a cure.

Blessings,

Diana Cofield

No comments: