Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ask, Don't Tell

I worked through the Gospels again recently, as part of my effort to read the whole Bible in 30-40 days (See my book if you want an action plan on how to do this -- it will change forever the way you look at the Bible!)

This time through I paid specific attention to how Jesus interacted with people.

Jesus, the very Image of God, did not insult anyone's intelligence, but expected them to THINK. Even His enemies. How do I know this? Because he almost never gives people an answer, but instead asks them questions or tells them parables so they discover the answers.
We should do likewise as Bible teachers and witnesses for Christ.

Let's be great askers -- of the Lord in prayer, and of men and women by questions that help them to think.

No comments: