Monday, February 04, 2008

This Won't Be For Everyone

I've got a free audio presentation for those who might be interested, but it won' t be for everyone.

Before I tell you what it is, I also want to tell you that I'm raising some support money for friends who are missionaries in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It's the start of Mardi Gras there, so it's a season of spiritual darkness and little-to-no restraint on public sin. What you see on TV is just what censors would allow to be shown. There is everything from animal sacrifice, worshiping idols, to public sex orgies in the streets.

And my friends are ministering to the lost and hurting right in the middle of this, shining lights for Jesus in a dismal and frightening place. They need some additional financial support because the US dollar has fallen about 20% to the Brazilian currency. In case you're wondering, I'm not giving the names of the missionaries for their protection.

So I'm offering a free audio -- and inviting people to donate to support these missionaries. (Yes, the audio is free if you want it without charge.)

OK, so what's the audio lesson? And why will it not be for everyone?

The audio is about the opportunities and realities of creating your own online Christian ministry. Each month I get questions from people who would like to do something like what I do. They have sermons, book ideas, devotion collections, and Bible lessons that they'd like to publish. Or they want to start blogging or posting videosof Bible teaching online.

And for many, the idea comes in that they could generate some income in the process.

Traditional book and magazine publishing is pretty tough to get into. So there is some appeal to publishing digitally via the Internet.

There is also amazing potential to reach people worldwide and build up workers in the Kingdom of our Lord! There is a strong need for quality Christian materials. It's possibleto reach thousands and tens of thousands of people this way. It's never been easier to publish and distributeinformation.

So how do you get started? What do you need to think about? And how do you sort out the hype from useful advice thatyou might find online? (I'm sure you've seen headlines like "Make Millions Working Two Hours a Week From YourBeach Home." -- uhm, ri-i-i-g-g-h-h-t-t-t)

Keep reading if I have your attention.

What you need is some credible advice about online marketing and sales, and some specific information aboutthe Christian marketplace. I've been publishing information online since 1993, and selling since early 2005. I've studied online publishing and marketing, and made plenty of mistakes.

So I sat down last Friday morning and recorded over an hour of strong advice and practical counsel:

* How to define your objectives
* Some realities about the Christian marketplace (it's different than the diet market!)
* Eight tarpits and traps to avoid
* The four skills you need to develop (or find)
* My recommended approach for getting started
* The tools and services I use (I really pull back the curtain here!) and recommend

I organized the information with this question in mind: "What do I wish someone had told me when I was thinking about starting my online ministry?"

Now I'm not pitching anything in this audio presentation. I'm not going to sell you on a product or service. It's pure content.

Go here: http://www.teachtochangelives.com/onlineministry/

Again, the audio is free, but 100% of your donations will go to support my missionary friends in Brazil.

Why am I doing this? Why am I giving it away? Frankly, I'd love to see some of you start an online ministry! But I don't want you to have to make all the same mistakes and mis-steps that I've made. So let me help you get started with solid advice you can trust.

It's one of the ways that I can teach to change lives!

Glenn

P.S. I'm going to take this audio lesson down on February 10th. Don't delay!http://www.teachtochangelives.com/onlineministry/

No comments: