Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Interview series in 2008

I want to share what I'm planning that I hope will be tremendous blessing to you in 2008.

As the Lord connects people to our ministry to Bible teachers, I find that you and your colleagues are facing many challenges and issues that I myself don't have the expertise to help with. I have opinions, and some experience, but believe you'll benefit more from others than you would me. My grandfather used to tell me, "If you have a belly-button, you're entitled to your opinion. That's about all your entitled to." :-)

Here's the truth: I can't provide you with all the information you need for your development and ministry -- but by God's grace I can be a reliable conduit and connector to those who can teach what you need.

So I'm starting a process of identifying sharp people who have expertise for challenges you may be facing. I'm going to make recordings of interviews with them, and make those available to you at no cost. Based on the email correspondence I've received since March 2005, this is the list of topic areas that I think will be helpful to you:

Biblical perspectives on money, and practical stewardship
Teaching elementary children
Homeschooling
Ministering to and with teeenagers
Adult small groupsS
piritual gifts
Developing and managing Sunday School programs
Ministering to hurting people
Leadership

I take seriously my responsibility to make sure you get doctrinally-sound, solid, actionable, and helpful information. Please pray that I can connect with the terrific people, and that God will be honored through this whole process. And watch for more blog posts about this in the future!

No comments: