Friday, September 28, 2007

Heart/Dead

New AO Post from John Stanford. (I encourage you to subscribe to get his M/W/F notes of insight and encouragement.)

Recently I noticed that the Chinese character for "busy" combines two
ideas: HEART / DEAD In ancient China it was recognized that a
busy person could not give proper attention to issues of the heart, the inner
self.I experience two kinds of "busy." One is when I'm concentrating on
something I enjoy. Even if I'm later tired, it's a good kind of
feeling.The other "busy" happens when I'm preoccupied and unconsciously tense. My mind and emotions are not at ease. I'm anxious about the outcome.This
second kind of "busy" isn't healthy for me -- physically, emotionally or
spiritually. My heart, my inner being, is in danger ofdying. I'm
forgetting or dismissing my heavenly Father who _longs_ to care for me.Coffee
thought: "So don't worry about having enough food or drink or clothing.
Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your
heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need
from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary
concern." -- Jesus, Matt. 6.31-33 NLT (1st ed.) -- John

No comments: