Monday, August 13, 2007

Read the NT in a Month

May I recommend something fresh for you? Get a different translation than you usually use, and read the whole New Testament in a month. You can do that easily by reading 10 chapters a day (there are 270 chapters altogether).

I'm doing this now with The Message translation, and it's refreshing. I'm not drilling down and trying to get everything possible out of each passage. Rather, my aim is simply to saturate myself in the story again. (It's easier to do this if you use a different translation than you are accustomed to in your regular study.) I'm finding it fun, and frequently smiling or crying with amazement and joy.

It's a terrific way to reconnect with the freshness of God's Word. In fact, you'll probably find 10 chapters goes by so quickly that you read more!

No comments: