Friday, January 26, 2007


Great Bible Teachers are Great Pray-ers

You've heard all the stuff about how you need to pray. You know it's true, too. So it's important that I remind you to be praying.

The question is: "Do you actually pray?"

I suspect that most of us are better at talking about prayer than we are praying. Years ago a friend and mentor of mine told me that when the urge came over him to read about prayer, he just went down to his knees and started praying.

Yes, I know you're busy and your time is limited. You have many responsibilities, after all!

I wish I had more fully learned this truth years ago: The more you have to do, the more you have to pray. Martin Luther wrote a letter to a pastor friend and said, "I have so much to do that I cannot get on without three hours of prayer daily."

So purpose today to take just a little more time for prayer. And tomorrow add to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn, I like your blog. Many useful posts for improving Bible teaching whether in small group Bible studies in homes or in Sunday School. Thanks!

Darryl Wilson
Check out my Sunday School blog:
http://www.kybaptist.org/revolutionary

Glenn said...

Thanks, Darryl! I do encourage people to check out Darryl's blog -- excellent material.